There’s no need to spend 30 minutes preening over perfect makeup in the summer – it’s all about looking fresh and pretty without the fuss. With a few key products and a little know-how, courtesy of Soft Surroundings Makeup ArtistDavid Shannon, you can achieve a flawless-looking face in less than five minutes.
1. Apply your foundation and concealer as usual. If your full-coverage base feels too heavy in the hotter months, try to lighten things up with a tinted moisturizer. As for concealer, opt for a creamy version and pat it under your eyes, around the corners of your nose and anywhere else that needs a little extra evening out.
2. Using a medium blush brush, sweep a golden bronzer just below the cheekbones toward the hairline. Remember, you want to look sun-kissed, not wind burned.
3. Close your eyes and dust a lighter shade of bronzer onto your eyelids up to your brow using the same blush brush. Don’t worry about being precise – that’s the beauty about this technique; it delivers an effortless wash of color to brighten your eyes.
4. Snag your eyelash curler and give those lashes a gentle squeeze for three seconds per eye. Then coat from root to tip with black lengthening mascara (waterproof if you’ll be spending the day outdoors) for long, beautiful eye-batters.
5. Apply a peachy bronze or sheer rose lip gloss using a small lip brush. For extra oomph, try a plumping gloss, which can also help disguise fine lines around the mouth.