Wouldn’t it be nice if the world around us was always lit with the flicker of flattering candlelight? We’d never have to worry about unflattering fluorescents or harsh overhead lighting ruining the effect of our carefully applied makeup. Well, with a few tricks of the trade, you can achieve a gotta-have romantic glow – no matter what kind of light you’re stuck in.
Tips For Eyes
1. Champagne and bronze eye shadows are great for adding a little glow to any skintone. Apply champagne shadow over the lids and layer a bronze one over it, starting in the center of your lids and working toward the outer corner. Try extending a warm, neutral champagne hue up to the brow bone for added drama.
2. Cream shadows work well because their texture can be easily blended or layered for a look that best suits the occasion.
3. Apply a dark brown pencil liner (black can be too harsh and liquid liners are harder to blend) to the upper lids and as close to the lower lash line as possible and gently smudge for a softer look.
4. Add three dots under the eyes of an eye illuminating pencil and blend to obscure dark circles and lift under-eye bags.
5. Don’t forget to curl lashes and apply two coats to top lashes only of a lengthening mascara that won’t clump or smudge during heartfelt moments.
Tips for Face and Cheeks
1. Bronzer can work wonders for brightening up your complexion, but be careful to look for shades that warm your skin, rather than turn it tan. For realistic results, use a large, fluffy brush to dust color where the sun naturally hits your temples, cheeks and nose. You can also use a liquid bronzer for a more pronounced glow. Dot it along the apples of your cheeks, cheekbones, forehead and chin, then blend immediately with a wedge sponge.
2. For a less bronzed goddess look, dab a pink cream or gel blush on the apples of your cheeks and blend upward toward your hairline.
3. Using a tinted moisturizer or shimmery foundation cream can add a dewiness to skin that perfectly complements a glowing appearance.
4. For a finishing touch, sweep on a dusting of loose shimmer powder on your décolleté or collarbone.
Tips for Lips
1. Keep lips kissable with a prep layer of moisturizing balm or lip treatment stick.
2. Apply a creamy, pinky-nude lipstick with a lip brush, and finish with a super-shiny clear gloss.
3. You can also go more natural with a matte beige lipstick layered under a satin pink one that contains a hint of shimmer.
4. For more drama, line lips with a mauve or rose-colored liners and fill in with a matching lipstick shade to play up your pucker.