November and December are months filled with celebrations, festive gatherings and, invariably, lots of over-indulging. So we’re trying to start the New Year on a healthier footing with a healthier lifestyle. This doesn’t mean you have to live like a monk! In fact, there are a lot of other great ways to socialize with friends and loved ones that don’t involve splurging on food and cocktails. Here are just a few ideas to get you started:
• As a calorie-free alternative to attending or hosting a dinner party, get a group of couples together and go dancing.
• Organize a group of friends to go to a
fun show, play or concert.
• A romantic dinner for two is lovely, but how about you and your loved one grabbing your ice skates and heading off to a moonlit frozen pond instead? Another fun alternative for two is to take a dance class—like tango—together.
on the calendar. Get a group together and check it out.
• As an alternative to brunch with friends, try going together to a Zumba fitness class. Not only will you have a lot of fun, you’ll feel great afterwards.
• You’ve always wanted to try yoga/Pilates/t’ai chi. Instead of going alone, take along a friend and give it a whirl.