Clothing sizes rarely address the unique shape of our bodies, making it all the more important to get to know our shape in order to accentuate our best features while concealing our least favorite.
We can usually narrow down our general body shape to one of the following five categories: pear, apple, wedge, rectangle, and hourglass. Spend some time in front of the mirror to do an honest assessment of your body – once you know your shape, embrace it and bring out its best qualities!
If you fall into the this category, you are more petite on top than you are on the bottom. Hips are larger (to significantly larger) than your bust, and your waist is defined. Make the most of your shape by pulling the focus up to highlight your more slender upper body.
- Wear statement necklaces as well as detailed and colorful tops with boat neck, square
cialis buy online
and cowl necklines.
- Keep it sleek on the bottom by opting for dark pants or skirts.
If you have this shape, your bust is bigger than your hips, and your weight tends to accumulate above the hips. Your shoulders and back tend to be broad. With this shape, it’s best to accentuate your legs and avoid drawing attention to your waist.
- Conceal tummy bulge by wearing empire tops and dresses.
- Go for monochromatic looks.
- Wear bootcut and flared jeans to even out your silhouette.
If you have this shape, you tend to have broad shoulders and narrow hips. Accentuate your lower body while softening your shoulders and upper body. Wear long, draping scarves and necklaces or low-slung belts to lengthen and proportion your silhouette.
- Wear bright colors on bottom.
- Wear fuller skirts.
- Wear wide-leg pants.
If you have this shape, your waist is about the same measurement as your hips and waist. Accentuate your midsection and exaggerate curves with feminine ruffles and frills. Steer clear of baggy jeans and unisex athletic clothing if you want to avoid looking boyish.
- Wear scoop neck and sweetheart necklines to create curves.
- Wear wrap dresses and dresses with ruching.
If you’re one of the lucky few with this body type, you have equal hip and bust measurements – and a narrow waist. Make sure to emphasize your proportionate figure, rather than getting lost in loose clothing.
- Wear a belt at the waist to enhance your hourglass shape.
- Go for high-waisted skirts to show off
- Wear skinny or straight leg jeans.
No matter what your shape:
- Make the most of your bust with a great bra in the right size.
- Elongate your legs with sleek, monochrome outfits and heels.
- No matter what your size, don’t hide yourself in baggy clothing. Bigger does not mean better.
- Be comfortable. Avoid anything that’s pinching you in, cutting off your circulation, or causing unwanted bulges.
- Stay true your own personal style.
- Get to know your body, learn to love it for what it is, and get ready to dress for endless flattery!