1. For those not familiar with you, tell us about your approach to beauty.
My philosophy is that each and every woman is unique and should celebrate her natural beauty by playing up her best assets and shining with true confidence. I call it soul beauty.
2. How did you get started in the cosmetic business? What made you want to be a makeup artist?
I began dreaming of this career at 15 years old. My mother was a water colorist and I’d watch her use layers and colors in sheer ways to create beauty on canvases and I became inspired to do it on faces.
3. What Not to Wear was an inspiration to many women. What was it like to work with Stacy and Clinton?
They were an absolute blast and what you see is what you get in real life with them. They are super funny. They truly cared about each person who was on the show as we all did and we collectively felt wonderful when we could change a woman’s perception of herself from negative to positive.
4. What made Soft Surroundings the right fit for your new line?
Soft Surroundings wants to help women not only look their best but feel their best as well. They create a fashionable and comfortable environment for women to shine in. That mirrors my philosophy and I knew it would be a perfect marriage.
5. What one item would you never leave the house without?
My Game Changer Foundation and Carmindizing Highlighter Duo.
6. What do you enjoy doing most in your spare time? How do you relax?
I love to travel and I adore paddleboarding. Give me a white sand beach, a palm tree and turquoise water and life is perfect!
7. What’s the best piece of advice you’ve received?
Never give up
Shop Carmindy’s signature line of cosmetics at Soft Surroundings and get flawlessly gorgeous in mere minutes.